Sarah and Gwen: the Two-Headed Monster

This blog is about everything involving Lexington, KY or anything else we feel like yapping about.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Thank You Lexington

Life in the 88th has gotten very quiet now that the election is over. Most of the political signs are gone. The few remaining signs languish by the roadside, many of them tipping precariously to one side from the onslaught of wind and rain. These are the tattered remnants of someone's dreams. I don't know about you, but my dreams took a beating this year. Now that I have had a little time to recover from the exhaustion of the campaign, I am ready to turn my attention back to the important work that remains.

I think the first order of business is to thank the voters here in Lexington for supporting the ballot initiatives increasing property taxes to support the city busses. It was a close vote. One that I think was very difficult for some of the homeowners to make. Most of those paying this tax never ride the bus. But for the poor, the disabled, and the elderly we need a safe and reliable bus system. It is good to know property owners can give up a little of their income for a worthy cause.

If you haven't seen any of the busses lately you might have missed the flashing sign on the front. It too says "Thank You Lexington!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home