Sarah and Gwen: the Two-Headed Monster

This blog is about everything involving Lexington, KY or anything else we feel like yapping about.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Observation

It strikes me as ironic that we lose Correta Scott King to ovarian cancer on the same day conservative Judge Sameul Alito is placed on the nation's highest court. King was a supportive lieutenant of her husband in the most dangerous years of the civil rights movement and a strong advocate of equality and justice. She was instrumental to carrying on his work after his assassination. I met her nearly twenty years ago and carry the memory of her gentle strength with me always. I think today may mark the close of an era as the Supreme Court turns the page on the progressive ideals. I doubt that this court shares the values of Correta Scott King or that those of us who still fight for equality and justice will have the support of the high court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home